5 Tips to Influence Your Baby Positively During Pregnancy
When you are pregnant with your baby, you and your baby are one connected system.
You share the same neurological system, so all your thoughts, emotions, and sensations are shared. Your feelings pass to your baby, and though you may not be aware of it, baby is influencing you too!
It’s not just being hungry for certain foods that are because of baby’s needs, but you two are literally ONE.
In fact, studies have even shown that a baby’s DNA stays with their mother long after the baby is born, and merges with her body.
Stem cells from the baby’s body can travel to their mother’s organs and heal them, protecting her from disease for many years.
The connection between baby and mother is truly astounding, and it happens on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels.
What that means on your part, is that you need to be mindful of your thoughts and emotions as much as possible.
You have a special time window during which your baby’s brain and emotional systems are wiring to give them your positive influence.
So How can you give your baby those good influences?
- Make it your highest priority: In more traditional societies it was well known that a pregnant woman must be as happy, positive, and socially supported as possible during her pregnancy to ensure the well being of her baby.
Today we are less aware of this, and many women work during their pregnancy and have a more stressful lifestyle. So it’s especially important to make your pregnancy a priority, and see how you can work your schedule to accommodate your new needs.
- Practice self-care: As you create your new schedule, make sure to have enough rest, sleep, exercise and time for connection with your baby and your own personal growth. Investing in yourself is really investing in your baby too!
- Bond with your baby: Your connection with your baby is the foundation of your pregnancy. The more you strengthen this bond by talking to your baby, thinking of them, singing, and reading to them- the more you will feel that you and your baby are becoming attached. This attachment has been scientifically shown to reduce pregnancy symptoms, improve birth outcomes as well as give your baby the secure attachment that will enable their positive relationships in the future!
- Find a spiritual practice: Evolving your spiritual side is a great way to both feel calmer and more connected to your baby, and give your baby better messages and foundations for their future life. They will be born more highly developed and ready for our connected world!
- Get support: Being together in a positive supportive environment is ultra important for you right now! Just as your baby sponges up everything through you while in your womb, you also sponge up what is in your environment. So listen to the news a little less, and connect to the content and people that lift you up and support you with positive thoughts and emotions.
If you need such an environment, to support and guide you, you are welcome to join my 5 Day Baby Bonding Challenge!
It’s all about connecting to your baby and giving them a calmer, more spiritually aligned, positive, and nurturing womb environment. See you there!
Create a Blissful Connection With Your Baby!
Your baby is waiting for you to connect with them! In this 5 day, self paced mini-course you will get the guidance and tools to create a deep, spiritual connection with your baby that will help them develop optimally in the womb. Your pregnancy journey is sacred, and you deserve the knowledge and insight on how to make the most of it!
Author: Tal Mandelbaum
Tal Mandelbaum is a trained social psychologist, a spiritual teacher, and a mom of two. She teaches online courses and workshops for spiritual seekers, who want to have a calmer, healthier more consciously connected relationship with themselves, others, and spirit! Follow her on Instagram for more spirituality insights and inspiration!